MEASURES WE HAVE TAKEN TO REDUCE RISK OF INFECTION BY CORONAVIRUS*
Sterling Realty Management has been taking extraordinary care to ensure public safety in response to the pandemic since March 2020, which measures include:
- Planning for proper social distancing by removing or separating furniture and establishing clear entry and exit points.
- Encouraging communication by phone and email unless necessary under the circumstances.
- Equipping our onsite teams and property websites with tools and technology to ensure the virtual tour and leasing experience is as valuable for a potential resident as an in-person experience.
- Establishing new protocols for pre-inspections and apartment turnkey and establishing a phased approach with service requests.
- Limiting access to and/or closing amenity spaces and common areas (in accordance with local regulations and recommendations) to decrease exposure risk.
- Enacting and enforcing face mask and social distancing protocols, as well as requiring self-quarantining protocols for staff and providing guidelines to residents who have or potentially have been exposed.
- Investing in incremental cleaning protocol and sanitizing methods (see below) for common areas, including entrances, hallways, and other heavily trafficked areas of our communities.
- Installing air-purifying, ozone-free ionizers in existing forced-air heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems servicing common areas (see below).
- Installing Austin Air HEPA air filters in interior common areas (see below).
- Providing documentation and instruction by displaying physical signage, distributing emails to communicate the aforementioned measures and make finding information easy.
FREQUENT DEEP CLEANING & LONG-TERM SANITATION WITH MICROSHIELD 360
After vetting potential solutions to enhance our approach or add new procedures to cleaning and sanitizing our communities, we initially engaged professional cleaning contractors to complete frequent deep-cleaning of surfaces in interior common areas and certain exterior amenities. After first implementing an enhanced cleaning regimen, we began utilizing Microshield360 – a unique system that is proven to kill germs and viruses broadly and for extended periods of time.
Microshield360 is a:
- Best-in-class cleaning system and application that’s trusted not only in the multi-family apartment industry, but also used in schools, construction sites, and even aircraft.
- Preventative application system that is non-toxic to humans and pets.
- Product that can be sprayed on to any hard or soft surface and has been proven effective for up to a year.
In an effort to reduce the risk of contracting harmful pathogens, we deployed this proactive measure across all our communities while continuing our regular cleaning protocol.
AIR PURIFICATION WITH OZONE-FREE IONIZATION AND HEPA FILTRATION
After investigating available options for air purification, we adapted methods recommended by leading HVAC equipment manufacturers and utilized by industry-leading organizations.
REME HALO® Photohydroionization air purification is utilized in all interior common areas serviced by forced-air HVAC system. These areas include the main entry lobby; the adjacent main floor elevator lobby; and the corridors and elevator lobbies on all residential floors.
Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization air purification is utilized in elevator interiors. Both Photohydroionization and bipolar ionization air purification processes are ozone-free. This means both processes are non-toxic to humans and pets.
Ionization air purification in high traffic areas is supplemented with portable, medical-grade Austin Air portable HEPA filtration systems. Medial grade HEPA filtration systems have been proven to be highly effective in purifying indoor air.
We have taken the above measures to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. In addition, we are asking our residents to continue to be aware of their surroundings and practice precautionary measures to remain safe and healthy. This includes practicing social distancing and following all other guidelines outlined by the CDC and other local orders.
* Sterling Realty Management is implementing various preventive measures for purposes of reducing the risk of the spread of COVID-19 among our residents, their guests, vendors, and our team members. However, we do not guarantee or warrant against the risk of infection.